...

Friday, March 12, 2010

a tee of note

Want to see something awesome?

Of course you do. You came to this blog. You're practically ITCHING to see something awesome.

And today's awesome offering comes from, once again, Tilteed. Seriously, I have lots of other things I want to talk about, but funny enough, I just am not finding the time. But I always have time for limited tees, and this weekend we've got a great one.

We're talkin' Drakxxx's "The Last Song," a former contest watch piece, and a totally sweet one at that. I love pretty much everything about this piece. For starters, it's one of Drakxxx's most accessible, wearable pieces. The art doesn't skimp on gorgeous detail and flow (seriously, click to see it larger. It's lovely), but it also doesn't overflow with detail. The placement, also, is absolutely brilliant to me... I love how it sits at the side. And while much of the artists (albeit brilliant) work is all about the creepy, this also has a softer side. I mean, sure, death is totally surrounding this pianist here, but it feels like a comforting embrace... the player seems tired and ready for the inevitable, and death is simply allowing him to finish his final performance before taking him in to eternal rest. It has a sort of beauty to it for that reason, so I'm excited to be a part of bringing it to the world through Tilteed. If you're in agreement that this is greatness, go pick one up for $12 before it's gone on Monday, Noon Pacific. Like the pianist here, it's not long before the tee is ushered into the afterlife.

No comments: