...

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Contest Watch: Updates #1 - 25

A quick list of the first 25 updates from our Contest Watch:

PPP

Ekadanta
Death and Colors
The Mouse Tamer
Music Industry
Take a Picture
Seven Swans
Timberland
...Excuse Me
Clockwork Orange (also @ spreadshirt)
Fiction vs. Nonfiction
Found Anything Yet?
Just Can't Kill the Beast
Capistrano Spring Break
Not Safe for Work
Thrifty Fill-Up
Roundup
Spirit of the Stag
I Want To Dance Too (Teextile, no archive)
The Infinite Struggle
The Fantastic Voyage
Cronikas (inkhound, no archive)
Choose Your Own Adventure
Self Serve/Surf
Extraterrestrial

Non-Contest Updates:
The Thrift Monster
Workshop

FOLLOWING IS FOR ARCHIVAL PURPOSES ONLY:

CONTEST WINNERS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED
We're fast approaching the 6-month anniversary of Singularitee, and it has been quite a fruitful first half a year. I'm excited that this little blog has been getting the traffic and general good vibes that it has generated, and I hope to round out the first year with even more awesome. If you're new to the blog, now's as good a time as any to become acquainted with the old stuff, and we're excited to see you around for the new stuff as well.

With this in mind, I thought we'd have a party to celebrate, and there's only one way to throw a party. Unfortunately, most of you can't make it to the kegger (and such a shame too, I was getting Newcastle), so to you, faithful fashion fans, I'll make the party global and announce the very first Singularitee Contest!

The concept is simple. Every week around here, I run a Contest Watch, where I chat up the best of the best in the yet-to-be-printed world. So far, 18 such shirts have been printed, an average of 3 selections a month. Which I find to be awesome. But with such a rate of success, and the updates coming fast and furious as late, it is likely we'll hit #25 sooner than later.


This is where the contest comes in. I want you to guess the 25th contest watch print. Anything I've chatted up in a contest watch segment is eligible, so long as a picture is featured (ie: if I linked a shirt without showing it, it is not valid). To enter, simply browse my contest watch entries, pick the shirt you believe is most likely to print as the 25th update, and either post in these comments, or send your guess to me privately at 5songsinc@gmail.com. One entry per person, please... I will only count your first guess. To be eligible, I will NEED a way to contact you, so if your blogger profile doesn't include an email, it might be best to go the email route.

So why do you want to enter? Because just for entering, you will be entered into a drawing for a FREE SHIRT!!! That's correct, one lucky entrant will win their pick of any printed Contest Watch shirt. Unsure what's made it? The eligible list is at the bottom of this post... it will be continually updated as new shirts win, and I might even throw in a couple extra choices for funsies.

Don't just guess anything, though... make it count. Because if anyone guesses correctly, they will have their own personal drawing to get a FREE SHIRT, plus a mystery prize to be named later when I figure out what's awesome/ridiculous enough. This will increase your odds immensely, so it's worth coming up with that perfect choice.

Some legal stuff: first, while anyone can enter the first drawing, I fear that any employee of a shirt purveyor is disqualified from entry in the "correct guess" portion of the pie. This is to prevent any possible rigging of which shirt ultimately scores that spot. Similarly, the designer of the 25th shirt cannot be entered into said drawing. The shirt must be printed at a real site, not a personal print-on-demand, to qualify as an update. I cannot know EVERYTHING that's out there, so updates are determined by when it comes to my attention, not an actual release date. Prizes based on availability. If your size or chosen print is sold out, I will make reasonable overtures to obtain the shirt you request, but at the end of the day, I can't bring a shirt back into print if it's gone. Please understand if this is the case for the shirt you desire. Contest is open to everyone the world over: however, Singularitee is not liable for any possible postal issues for international shipping. Etcetera etcetera. Contest ends when the 24th update prints.

Currently eligible prize shirts, in no particular order:

PPP

Ekadanta
Death and Colors
The Mouse Tamer
Music Industry
Take a Picture
Seven Swans
Timberland
...Excuse Me
Clockwork Orange
Fiction vs. Nonfiction
Found Anything Yet?
Just Can't Kill the Beast
Capistrano Spring Break
Not Safe for Work
Thrifty Fill-Up
Roundup
Spirit of the Stag
I Want To Dance Too (Teextile, no archive)
The Infinite Struggle
The Fantastic Voyage
Cronikas (inkhound, no archive)
Choose Your Own Adventure
Self Serve/Surf

Non-Contest Updates:
The Thrift Monster
Workshop

12 comments:

Michelle said...

I'd like to register my sincere belief that Vortices will be printed :D

Hawkeyegirl said...

I'm going for fiction vs. nonfiction

Cool Contest!

goldenthorn said...

While I want to say "Play on Words" or edgar's "Choose Your Own Adventure" will be printed--because those are not only perfect tshirt designs but also gorgeous art worthy of postering--I'm going for the commercial guess (okay, random gut-feeling guess): Torakamikaze's "Of the Beholder."


(psst, Hawkeyegirl: Fiction vs. Nonfiction is already printed! Buy it here: http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction )

theinfinityloop said...

I'm going to guess Self Serve/surf by jimmytan. That pachyderm is just screaming to get printed.

Benny said...

I'll go with Choose Your Own Adventure because you said it was almost guaranteed. :P

April and Chris said...

I'm saying "Choose Your Own Adventure" mostly because I hope it to be true!

April and Chris said...

I didn't look at the other posts before I guessed. What will happen if two or more people guess correctly?

Adder said...

Ansharp, and anyone else curious.

As I said, there are two contests. All the entrants will be entered into the first one, but anyone who guesses correctly will be entered into the second one. Obviously if only one person is right, they win automatically, but even if not, your odds go up astronomically. Even in the valid comments here alone, your odds go from 5:1 to 2:1, which doesn't count the entries I've had mailed to me, nor the entries to come in the future.

I figured that'd be the fairest way to handle it. I'm actually hoping that if someone does win on the button, they're the only guesser, because that'd be all the more dramatic, but either way you've got way better odds if you're correct.

Jaden Kale said...

Well, it's official... I'm letting the cephalopod fixation in me take over. I'm saying The Kraken Feeds on Virgins will be the 25th print.

snarkygal said...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Aquarush by AlexBeltechi will be the 25th print

Unknown said...

I'm gonna guess Solar System Family by Badbasilisk!

Jenny said...

My guess is Hermes by BadBasilisk.