...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

sea and sand

I've already written about AtomicChild's Seven Seas. I'm sure at the time I noted it's wonderful style and flow, channeling a bit of Hokusai with a bit of modern street. If I didn't notice before, I'd certainly suggest the simple and tasteful colors, and the way the splattering of textures makes everything feel all the more wet. Heck, I know for a fact I told you to buy it. So what has changed since then that makes it require a second rehash? More than you'd expect.

Seven Seas was one of the features in my top-10 review of the T-shirt Vault. Yknow, the major contest site where hundreds of designs went up for sale competing for one mega prize and a couple quite solid smaller ones? The place where every tee sold was going to bring in some solid profit for the designers? The place that closed down unceremoniously the day after my feature, with no orders fulfilled, no profits to be paid? Yeah, you can probably see where I'm going with this. Today is second in what I hope will be an eventual ten-part series of these under-respected tee orphans. Tilteed is the lucky home again this time, so you can feel secure in getting a product that will make the wait worthwhile (and yes, you can certainly browse through my blog for my less biased opinions of the site from before I was affiliated with them). Sadly, though, the tee will only be available to you for just about another day and a half (blimey, am I getting slow at this). Don't miss out. $12 is a small price to pay to help these tees find a home.

No comments: