...

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Back to Blogging!

Astute readers will note that I have been conspicuously absent yet again this month. This time, it was a pretty vicious virus. Not in me, as people seem to presume, but in my computer. It made sense to me that, if my computer was being such a bastard to me, I couldn't trust what it might do with blog access. Currently, things are back to normal and clean. Which is always good.

This does, however, leave me verrrry far behind, and while I would love to cobble together some Contest Watch items or pull out a summary, I feel it's best to plod ever onward. It is, however, important that I do note that last week's Threadless bounty included another Contest Watch featured design. This week's winner was pilihp's "Arr, Let O' Me Nuts," a piece I heralded prior for its intelligent use of mixed-media... the idea is made due to the photo-real squirrels, but the magic is in the cartoony doodles over them, bringing back a definite nostalgia to anyone who has ever "edited" photos, taking pen and marker to old magazines with reckless abandon. In all honesty, I don't know how I feel about the final results... there seems to be a certain glare on the shirts that makes it hard to really tell how it came out in printing, but based on execution and concept alone, I feel comfortable sending you in this tee's direction. It shows how cute can mix with creativity, and how stock content can be transformed into something imaginative, not just sloppy collage.

Also, while you're over at Threadless, do consider voting for That Old Movie Magic for Bestee of the Month. You've only got this weekend left to do so, so make it count.

2 comments:

Jaden Kale said...

About time we got an update from you ;)

I needs my shirt updates.

Omnitarian said...

I purchased Let O Me Nuts, and the red is decidedly less deep than seen in the original, but it's nothing especially disappointing.